Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Rolex" at An Post Auction

Options
  • 05-11-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

I was amazed to read this morning that a "Rolex" was sold for €2,000 at the An Post auction at Herman Wilkinson in Rathmines. It was a fake!! I had a look yesterday - not a bad fake Submariner, with a realistic looking box & papers, but you can pick them up in Bangkok for €80-€100. Theres a sucker (or at least 2 in this case) born every day!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ouch! in a big way.:eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Now....this really surpirises me.

A Rolex sent by post and NOT claimed by anyone....

It MUST be a fake, or at least you'd have to assume so till you had it examined by a watchmaker.

And even at this I have spoken to very experienced Rolex certified watchmakers who have difficulty telling some of the fakes.....

As you say spyderski you can get these for €80 or so....to a few hundred.

A quick search of the interwebthingy will give you loads of options if you're that way inclined...and at least there'll be no doubt in your mind....

A fool and their money etc....

Advertisement