Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brock now out of 108....with Herpes!!!!!

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

Guys my manager Jason Genet just told me that UFC 108 is not happening. Brock has Mono and what the UFC has told me is that I have earned the title shoot but I have to wait for the title holder.

I hope Brock gets well soon. I highly suggest he get into a Max Muscle store because they have the best advice and supplements to support that advice. It really is the only way to make it through the grueling weather and training we live through.

Here's to spending some time with the family and eating as much as I can at Thanksgiving.

Thanks to my amazing sponsors Max Muscle, Beaver Buzz Energy, PerformanceMMA, Nightrider Jewelry, MTX Audio, and Warrior Wear.

Source : http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/ufc-108-not-happening-for-me

What is infectious mononucleosis ("mono")?

Infectious mononucleosis, "mono," "kissing disease," and glandular fever are all terms popularly used for the very common illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). EBV is a member of the herpes virus family. Symptoms of infection with EBV include fever, malaise, and sore throat. The designation "mononucleosis" refers to an increase in one type of white blood cells (lymphocytes) in the bloodstream relative to the other blood components as a result of the EBV infection.

SOURCE : http://www.medicinenet.com/infectious_mononucleosis/article.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is tooo funny, what do peeps reckon about him being ready for a card in March ;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dirty Pro Wrestlers infesting OUR sport. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

rovert wrote: »
    Dirty Sable infesting OUR sport. :mad:
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Very ****ty attitude to have lads, this isn't Sherdog. I'm sure plenty of people on this forum have had Glandular fever before and sympathise with Lesnar, hope he makes a full and complete recovery, rests up, and comes back in spring next year to defend his title.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Attidude? All the posters above are just having a laugh about it. It is kinda funny. But also crap that we won't see a title fight for a while. Nogueira v Cain could be for the interim title now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

This isnt funny, the guy is seriously ill, and the fight will get pushed back further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

dunkamania wrote: »
    This isnt funny, the guy is seriously ill, and the fight will get pushed back further

Hopefully to March 17th live from the O2 arena in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

This could push it well back.
    He's going to loose a lot of weight and muscle over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Very ****ty attitude to have lads, this isn't Sherdog. I'm sure plenty of people on this forum have had Glandular fever before and sympathise with Lesnar, hope he makes a full and complete recovery, rests up, and comes back in spring next year to defend his title.

Sorry but Brock gets no sympathy from me, some of his antics in the cage have been pretty awful (After beating Mir).
    Until he starts acting with a bit of respect i aint giving him none

This could push it well back.
    He's going to loose a lot of weight and muscle over the next few weeks.
    More than likely he'll end up on steroids to help him along...

• Advertisement

In case you dont know I was sending up the attitudes of few posters on here just check some of the post UFC 100 threads and guys like this:
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Sorry but Brock gets no sympathy from me, some of his antics in the cage have been pretty awful (After beating Mir).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

scudzilla wrote: »

Antics like what? Adding entertainment value?

You wouldnt wish such a thing upon anybody, so either your best buds with Mir, or you got a chip on your shoulder, but the aftermath of the Brock/ Mir fight was one of the most entertaining in recent memory:rolleyes:

HBK wrote: »
    Antics like what? Adding entertainment value?

You wouldnt wish such a thing upon anybody, so either your best buds with Mir, or you got a chip on your shoulder, but the aftermath of the Brock/ Mir fight was one of the most entertaining in recent memory:rolleyes:
    Actually the fight was rather boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Actually the fight was rather boring

Which is why he said the aftermath of the fight.

rovert wrote: »
    Dirty Pro Wrestlers infesting OUR sport. :mad:

If I remember correctly, You used to be a regular poster in the Pro Wrestling forum.
    back on topic though,
    This match HAS to happen, It will be a massacre.

If I remember correctly, You used to be a regular poster in the Pro Wrestling forum.

As being a fan of both is mutually exclusive right? Ever watch Pride mate? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is this actually true? I knew he was out with illness but didn't hear what illness. Is this version of herpes curable?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Pro wrestling is for kids :p

Edit: @ JasonMc1 ^^^ - Are there incurable forms of Herpes?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Is this actually true? I knew he was out with illness but didn't hear what illness. Is this version of herpes curable?
    Yeah, easily cureable by perscription, It just makes you extremely tired and weaker for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Yeah, easily cureable by perscription, It just makes you extremely tired and weaker for a while.

Thanks Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Way too soon to be talking about interim "bullsh*t" titles, he has months yet before that can happen.

I'll say this though, the HW division does need a BIG fight to happen and to happen SOON, it's the weakest of all the divisions in UFC and others. Can't see Carwin wanting to give up his shot and take another fight either and who can blame him really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Now for some facts...

I had Glandular fever when I was 14 and it's a horrible illness to have. I was very ill for almost a year and missed nearly my entire 3rd year in school.

I can't imagine how horrible it must be for Brock to go from being so active to being able to do very little at all.

The levels of chronic fatigue felt during this illness are ridiculous simple things like brushing your teeth or showering leave you exhausted.

There is no cure for it, the illness simply has to run it's course and this can take months.Only the symptoms can be treated and they can vary from person to person. The illness is more dangerous in adults as it can lead to ME.

It's a really unpleasant illness to have and can really affect a persons quality of life. It'll prob be a while before Brock is back but it's not really funny anyway you wouldn't laugh at someone with cancer.

....and no it's not Herpes just a similar strain of virus, Mono doesn't leave sores on the skin like Herpes and it's not caused by sexual contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

More than likely he'll end up on steroids to help him along...

That`s a very loose comment.

Anyway, it may be a long while till we see Brock defend his belt, when you factor in the illness taking its course and next Brock getting back in condition. We might be seeing an interim title created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Aisling! wrote: »
    Now for some facts...

I had Glandular fever when I was 14 and it's a horrible illness to have. I was very ill for almost a year and missed nearly my entire 3rd year in school.

I can't imagine how horrible it must be for Brock to go from being so active to being able to do very little at all.

The levels of chronic fatigue felt during this illness are ridiculous simple things like brushing your teeth or showering leave you exhausted.

There is no cure for it, the illness simply has to run it's course and this can take months.Only the symptoms can be treated and they can vary from person to person. The illness is more dangerous in adults as it can lead to ME.

It's a really unpleasant illness to have and can really affect a persons quality of life. It'll prob be a while before Brock is back but it's not really funny anyway you wouldn't laugh at someone with cancer.

....and no it's not Herpes just a similar strain of virus, Mono doesn't leave sores on the skin like Herpes and it's not caused by sexual contact.

I was about to post something very similar.

I had glandular fever in college and was sick for about a year. You don't die from it but sports etc. are a no no, and I lost HALF my body weight - from 12 stone to 6 stone.

He could be out for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

lol at the scare moungering, somebody reads the words herpes family on wiki, and all of a sudden Brock has an STD

FYI, a coldsore is the herpes family also

Advertisement