Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iTouch adaptor for '05 Audi A4 Symphony Radio Unit with BOSE sound system??

Options
  • 05-11-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Think the title just about explains what I'm looking for.

The Audi Symphony system has a 6-CD changer unit, a radio & a cassette deck. I've only ever used the CD player & radio. The radio has an in-built RDS system - the one that re-tunes to the strongest signal for the station you're listening to as you drive.

The car is relatively new to me (as said above, it's an '05 model, so it's nearly 5 years old), so I'm only now getting around to the notion of having my iTouch in the car with me. Ideally would like something that gives me playback with minimal reduction in audio quality AND the ability to charge the iTouch as I drive. The former is more important than the latter though.

Would also like to be able to install it myself. I'm not completely useless with technology, but probably wouldn't be comfortable with someone telling me to rewire the existing unit either!

Suggestions welcome as am finding it difficult to discern between the clear pluses & minuses of anything found via Google searches so far.

Thanks,
    MT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭howareyoudoin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Parrot MKi 9200 would work. Don't think it's overly complicated to install. They guy that did mine took about a half hour tops. Works a treat with any iPod/iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭howareyoudoin'

EPM wrote: »
    Parrot MKi 9200 would work. Don't think it's overly complicated to install. They guy that did mine took about a half hour tops. Works a treat with any iPod/iPhone
    Thanks EPM. Do you know if I'm best to buy this online via Amazon or Komplett or someone, or should I buy it direct from someone who could install it as well without making a mess of my dash etc?

Advertisement