Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numark CD Mix 2...

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi..I'm just wondering where the cheapest place is to buy the Numark Cd Mix 2...any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Can't see it on XMusic or Thomann, which would normally be cheapest, Thomann have the CDmix I and III, not II for some reason... Getting it direct from Numark might be the cheapest, it often is. Are you sure about getting a Dual CD player? They normally aren't the best bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

Ya I had checked Thomann which was where I was advised to check and realised they didn't have it...To be honest I don't know about getting the dual cd player but was recommended to get it from someone in the djin business! :confused:

I'm sure a few of the lads will jump in now with some advice, but I'll start off anyway. They're decent enough, depending on what you what you want to do. What are you looking to do? They do have their problems though, mainly the upgrade issues: if you had 2 decks and a mixer, you could sell one deck and replace it, then upgrade the mixer etc. but with the all-in-one it's all you have.

Ya I see what you're sayin...is there anything you would recommend?!!...its mainly just as a starting point...because its not too expensive I wouldn't mind replacing the whole lot once I got enough use out of it to know exactly what I want to do if you get me..

My recommendation would be to go digital, but that's just my preference. Problem with CDJs is that there isn't much entry level stuff, all the decent stuff is expensive, and all the cheap stuff is shoite. CDJ-400s I'm assuming are out of your price range (Although Flynn Dog from here is selling a pair), brands like Numark, Gemini, and American Audio all do cheap CD decks, but I don't think the quality is great, so maybe have a look around on Ads or Ebay and try and pick up a cheap pair of Pioneer CDJ-200s or 800s. Plenty of people are selling now with the recession.

As digital goes, it's much cheaper (As long as you have a laptop). All you need there is the laptop, a midi controller, and depending on the midi, a soundcard. See these two threads for information on the digital aspect of it.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill...I will take down that info and will deffo look into it...have a laptop so that helps...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

tictac2580 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill...I will take down that info and will deffo look into it...have a laptop so that helps...:)

Get a maya 44 soundcard, a midi controller like a oxygen 8 keyboard and an LE version of traktor.

Get a maya 44 soundcard, a midi controller like a oxygen 8 keyboard and an LE version of traktor.

Don't think he's looking to produce, so I don't think he'd want the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

The setup VinylJunkie recommended is not for producing...it's for DJing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I think the keyboard was suggested as using as a midi controller and at 119 euro it's a damn good price.

• Advertisement

acman wrote: »
    The setup VinylJunkie recommended is not for producing...it's for DJing.

Can you assign cues and play/pause etc. to the keys yeah? Suppose that's a cheaper option alright.

Can you assign cues and play/pause etc. to the keys yeah? Suppose that's a cheaper option alright.

Yes the keys and pots all send midi signals. I payed a lot less than €119,
    Thomann's midi keyboards

Yes the keys and pots all send midi signals. I payed a lot less than €119,
    Thomann's midi keyboards

Never thought about that as an option really, is that what you're using now?

Never thought about that as an option really, is that what you're using now?
    Yeah depends where I'm playing and the mood i'm in, if i'm doing a house party ill bring the laptop and keyboard, if i'm doing a gig usually bring cd's.

Yeah depends where I'm playing and the mood i'm in, if i'm doing a house party ill bring the laptop and keyboard, if i'm doing a gig usually bring cd's.

Interesting idea, but looks waaay to complicated for my liking, I'd much prefer a more DJ orientated MIDI. However, we still don't know what the OP wants! :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I can understand how a producer would get more use out of a keyboard by using it with traktor too, but God I wouldn't like to primarily use a keyboard to control traktor as my main setup.

OP can you tell us more about your preferences and what you want etc? We'll try to recommend some good options for you

Zascar wrote: »
    OP can you tell us more about your preferences and what you want etc? We'll try to recommend some good options for you

Hi, I'm literally starting off...so just wanted to start with the basics and find exactly what direction to take...however,don't think I'd be into the producing side of things..

tictac2580 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm literally starting off...so just wanted to start with the basics and find exactly what direction to take...however,don't think I'd be into the producing side of things..

Get some software and start from there. In a few weeks you will understand enough to decide between (Vinyl/CDs/DVS/Digital). If your looking for lessons check out youtube and try www.djtutor.com

Get some software and start from there. In a few weeks you will understand enough to decide between (Vinyl/CDs/DVS/Digital). If your looking for lessons check out youtube and try www.djtutor.com

Seconded - download a demo of Traktor and see if you like the digital side of it, and if you feel like you're limited by using a mouse/trackpad, think of getting a MIDI controller, or if you don't like using a laptop at all, start looking out for a cheap pair of CD decks, or possibly the most progressive would be to get a pair of vinyl decks, which are generally much cheaper than cd decks, and then you could eventually upgrade to timecode vinyl.

Advertisement