Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Sim on Laptop?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭

Can you do it? if so what sort of screen size would you realistically need?

And how high spec'ed do you need it to be to be usable? (2x sys requirements?)

LOVE flight Sim 2004 on computer at home but have moved out and can't bring computer with me. :mad:

Basically, I suppose I'm asking is can you do it on one of those cheapy(<€500) dells?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

FS2004 isnt too bad but I doubt the real cheapy Dell laptops would handle it well, if you've only got 500 to spend get a second hand one with a decent Nvidia or ATI graphics card, anything else probably wont cut running FS2004 if its just got a crappy shared graphics Intel card or something. As much RAM and CPU power as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭crisco10

pclancy wrote: »
    FS2004 isnt too bad but I doubt the real cheapy Dell laptops would handle it well, if you've only got 500 to spend get a second hand one with a decent Nvidia or ATI graphics card, anything else probably wont cut running FS2004 if its just got a crappy shared graphics Intel card or something. As much RAM and CPU power as possible.

Say if I managed to stretch to this

http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/home/Laptops/xpsnb_m1330/pd.aspx?refid=xpsnb_m1330&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&~ck=mn

How would that go do you guys reckon? Realistically, if it weren't to run flight sim well, I probably wouldnt bother buying the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

If you got the Nvidia 8400 then yep that should cut FS2004 quite well and maybe even FSX with low settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I play FS9 on my Dell Inspiron 1520, runs grand.

Advertisement