Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replace Dipped Headlight 03 Astra

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just noticed this evening that one of my dipped headlights is not working. Its a 03 Astra Saloon.

I didn't lift the bonnet to see how accessible the bulbs are as it was pouring rain and dark. I dont have the service manual, so I'm just wondering if anyone here has had to change this bulb recently? Is it an easy job? I've heard stories that changing some of the front light bulbs can be a nightmare job as space is tight.

Actually on a kinda related issue. Would you put on front fogs until the bulb is replaced?? Or just carry on with only one front dipped beam?
    /T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

03 Astra bulb probably the easiest EVER to replace because of the tiny engine in a large engine bay.

You will have loads of room.

Remove bulb, change bulb reverse first step.

No you should not put on your front fogs. The bulb should have been replaced immediately because you "should" be carrying spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

Thanks for that Berty.

It was only last Sunday I was driving on the N7 and I was bitchin' about the amount of cars driving with only one front light working. I'm one of them now! :o

I'll call to the Motor Factors tomorrow to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

TeaServer wrote: »
    Thanks for that Berty.

It was only last Sunday I was driving on the N7 and I was bitchin' about the amount of cars driving with only one front light working. I'm one of them now! :o

I'll call to the Motor Factors tomorrow to get it sorted.

H7 from memory. Around €5 for a bulb at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Boots2006

I had trouble getting one of mine out, - I didn't know which way to go with it and was afraid of breaking the fitting :o

Its a 1/4 turn fitting, and I seem to call it would have been useful to remember which way the fitting was turned when putting it back, otherwise it won't sit right.

Advertisement