Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest good restaurant Terenure area

Options
  • 04-11-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

going out shortly with friends of ours near Terenure as its roughly half way between Naas & Sandyford, so need a good suggestion for a restaurant.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

I'm loving Brambles at the moment, good price and the food is great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Helen G

bellagio, the best italian restaurant in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Helen G wrote: »
    bellagio, the best italian restaurant in dublin
    +1 on that! Bellagio is the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Oliver's eatery at Vaughans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Oliver's Eatery is v. good. Hearty food with good prices. I'm not a fan of Brambles - it feels as if you're on display with those big windows and the the prices are a little ouch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Lisa's across the way from Brambles is renowned as been a properly authentic Italian, ate their years ago and loved it and have heard people constantly say good things about it. It looks like a dump but the food is meant to speak for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

olaola wrote: »
    Oliver's eatery at Vaughans.

Really didn't enjoy it the night I was there, service wasn't great and neither was the food, may have just been that night though so might have to go back again and give it a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

How does Marios in Terenure compare to Bellagio? I've been recommended Marios by 2 couples who have been there a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    How does Marios in Terenure compare to Bellagio? I've been recommended Marios by 2 couples who have been there a few times
    I used to eat in Mario's a lot, but haven't been there in years. It's good but I prefer Bellagio's. Lisa's is good too but, ultimately, if I had to choose between the three it would be Bellagio's every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ahh I love Mario's. It's a great little place, really lovely. I haven't been to Bellagio's though so I can't compare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spellstar

bellagios and marios are both good. however ive been put off bellagios since their refurb: glass front so everyone can see u in side and really bright and clinical lighting! i think marios is far more relaxed setting... and lovely food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I agree I just love Marios, I have been going there for years and it is always so enjoyable. The restaurants in Terenure, Ranelagh and Sandymount have lovely staff a great atmosphere and reasonably priced tasty food :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jackie_brown

I would go for Mario's rather than Bellagios. The food at Bellagios was unmemorable. See? can't even remember what i had it was so lame and overhyped.

Mario's on the other hand, makes the best garlic mushroom starters -- you have got to try them!

The pizza's are very good too, notably the seafood one. Fresh ingredients.

Is that steakhouse still there? It wasn't bad at all.Nice wine collection though, and they're literally stuck to the ceiling :)

Also, Vermillion was voted the best indian restaurant for numerous times. Its fusion, and really really good, as Im very fussy with my Indians. Bit steep though compared to most Indians, but well worth it.

The other indian on top of eddie rockets, can't recall the name, is very good too. but for atmosphere, i'd go for Vermillion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I would go for Mario's rather than Bellagios. The food at Bellagios was unmemorable. See? can't even remember what i had it was so lame and overhyped.

Mario's on the other hand, makes the best garlic mushroom starters -- you have got to try them!

The pizza's are very good too, notably the seafood one. Fresh ingredients.

Is that steakhouse still there? It wasn't bad at all.Nice wine collection though, and they're literally stuck to the ceiling :)

Also, Vermillion was voted the best indian restaurant for numerous times. Its fusion, and really really good, as Im very fussy with my Indians. Bit steep though compared to most Indians, but well worth it.

The other indian on top of eddie rockets, can't recall the name, is very good too. but for atmosphere, i'd go for Vermillion.

i was there for my birthday, was amazing. royal tandoori is great for takeaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

They should put a Leo Burdocks in Terenure!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Surprised JD's hasn't got more of a mention, anytime I've eaten there it's been very good

Advertisement