Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Galway - Best for torrents

Options
  • 04-11-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi Moving to Galway City and looking for the best broadband provider in terms of price and speed but most importantly does not traffic shape or throttle speeds for torrents (heavy torrent use). The house I am moving into already has a UPC connection but after reading the posts here they seem enemy number 1 in terms of throttling!

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

PC:)

PS I will use my connection for online gaming too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

portcrap wrote: »
    The house I am moving into already has a UPC connection but after reading the posts here they seem enemy number 1 in terms of throttling!

I don't think they are. You simply won't get consistent, max speeds on a Torrent, especially when you get a connection of 10Mbps+.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Thanks Jor el but any suggestions as to which broadband provider I should go with?

Advertisement