Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Zyxel P-660HW modem problems

Options
  • 04-11-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

Im currently using this modem http://www.zyxel.com/web/product_family_detail.php?PC1indexflag=20040812093058&CategoryGroupNo=AC5783AE-9475-41AD-BDA5-0997187F44AA and am experiencing quite a few problems.

Im on the wireless and when i download large files say >200mb the connection just drops and i have to reconnect.

Also sometimes while on the wireless when i connect to the network via wireless i get a unnamed network with with WEP security settings even though i set the modem to use WPA..dont know this is.

Am i the only one who has these problems with this modem? Do other people use this modem-if so please post back to let me know what problems you might have had.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

hello932 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who has these problems with this modem?

Nope, I binned mine, and got a better modem/router. had 3 Zyxel modems, and they each gave up after about 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

jor el wrote: »
    Nope, I binned mine, and got a better modem/router. had 3 Zyxel modems, and they each gave up after about 2 years.

ok so what modem/router are you using now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 torourke

I'm having similar probs with Zyxel modem. What is a better alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

torourke wrote: »
    I'm having similar probs with Zyxel modem. What is a better alternative?

Good question. Having tried pretty much every brand over the past few years, I've come to the conclusion that consumer grade DSL modems are ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Try a Linksys or Netgear. I moved from DSL to cable, so it's not relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭CivilEx

hello932 wrote: »
    Hi

Im currently using this modem http://www.zyxel.com/web/product_family_detail.php?PC1indexflag=20040812093058&CategoryGroupNo=AC5783AE-9475-41AD-BDA5-0997187F44AA and am experiencing quite a few problems.

Im on the wireless and when i download large files say >200mb the connection just drops and i have to reconnect.

Also sometimes while on the wireless when i connect to the network via wireless i get a unnamed network with with WEP security settings even though i set the modem to use WPA..dont know this is.

Am i the only one who has these problems with this modem? Do other people use this modem-if so please post back to let me know what problems you might have had.
    Its funny that you are having problems with this. I used one for about two years, then transferred to an Eircom Netopia router...which couldn't hang on to the signal at all and I ended up going back to the Zyxel six months ago. It's been good since.

If you are losing the signal, you might need to consider moving to a lower speed..that normally improves things?

Advertisement