Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoing over moles

Options
  • 04-11-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey guys..

im starting my sleeve tattoo in a few weeks and i have a few small (dark) but unraised moles on my arm... is it dangerous to have them tattoed over? or is it comlpetly harmless?? googled it but gettin mixed answers.. i think i'll chat my doc just in case, but for all you people who have tattoos or even any tattoo artists, whats your opinion??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

hey, my boyfriend has moles and getting tattoos were fine, as long as the tattoo artist tattooed around them.

he said he wouldn't tattoo the actual mole as they're prone to bleeding.

here's my boyfriend's sleeve:

130298246a7110700653l.jpg

you can slightly see a mole in part of the black shading to the left of the wind swipe.

also, on his rib piece, there's a mole hidden in the bow tie:

130298246a2238772675b442774153l.jpg

so while you can't get the moles themselves tattooed, it's very easy to disguise them in the tattoo until your girlfriend comes along and points them out to everybody!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thewriter

hey thanks for that... cool sleeve ur bf has... and dont worry, ill make sure and tell my gf to not go on boards and show of my moley tatts to anyone...:D

haha, no problem!

what is it that you're getting?

haha, no problem!

what is it that you're getting?

well, im a (aspiring) writer, so im getting a quill from the shoulder to the forearm with drops of ink getting larger down around my forearm. Obviously thats only part of it, but im givin the tattoist plenty of freedom with the rest of my arm to incorporate a literature vibe to my arm. Getting a few quotes done on the inside of my arm as well...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

sounds awesome mate, cant wait to see it :)

• Advertisement

wow, that sounds deadly, make sure to post pics once you get it done!!!

will be a few months before it's done.. it being expensive and all.. but i'll have pics up for everyone to see when tis finished..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

have a good few tats from different artists and getting a sleeve done t the moment and they all tattooed around any moles I had. They should be able to position your tattoo around the moles so you don't have to lose any part of the image.

Advertisement