Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crazy insurance quote!

Options
  • 04-11-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Just emailed my insurer for a quote on a brand new 1.4 TSI Golf (122bhp).

Bear in mind now, I'm 32, full license, 2 penalty points, currently driving a Megane RS 225 (insured with the same company)...

€1491.00

Does that strike anyone as completely bat**** insane?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yes that's stupidly high.

Who's your insurer?

I'm guessing they have that car on their system as a Golf GT Sport (122hp)........but immediately when they read the letters 'GT' they think GTI and think sure it's a rocket/boy racer favourite/loads have died in those/etc/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Quoteme.

It's hilarious considering the golf has almost half the horsepower of my current car, yet costs twice as much to insure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

It's seems mad alright. Needless to say you should shop around as you'll get it way cheaper elsewhere. As a rule never accept the renewal price without shopping around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

That seems nuts, whats the year on the megane.

Maybe they figure the golf is more noticeable to the tache wearing 18 yr old, crazy quote anyway, id shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

cabrwab wrote: »
    That seems nuts, whats the year on the megane.

Looking to trade for something more sane, maybe a diesel hatch, Focus or a Golf. Going to get completely shafted on a trade in though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Try and sell the Megane privately?

Advertisement