Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specs Question

Options
  • 04-11-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a new desktop with the intention of making it a fairly decent and powerful gaming one. The two games I really specifically want to play on high(ish) graphics are Dawn of War 2 and Empire:Total War.

I've been looking around and was wondering about some things:

Is a 1GB graphics card worth buying? Generally the more of something there is, the better?
    The same question applies to RAM. Am I better off with a 4GB DDR3 or a 6GB DDR2?

If anyone has any suggestions for models or anything like that it would be much appreciated!

Budget is around 700-1000, obviously rather spend less than more!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Your best bet is to post this on the building and upgrading board in the computers section.

Always be careful when buying a powerful PC.. e.g. you can buy a 1gb graphics card for 40 euros and one for 400 euros.. memory on the card means nothing, its how it is used that is important.

Advertisement