Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E39 530i SPORT

Options
  • 04-11-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

I have a BMW 530i sport 2001 with 82000 miles on the clock, fabulous car but am thinking of selling it, getting something smaller, i dont really need anything with that type of power. Loved every minute of driving it though. What would be the best way to go about getting selling it, and how much would I possibly expect to get for it. It is genuine factory sports model, auto/tiptronic, cream leather, wood trim. Perfect condition. NCT for another 18 months. Is there any demand for these types of cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

bmwguy wrote: »
    Is there any demand for these types of cars?

No :(

Man, don't do it. You'll regret if forever. If you're not completely broke, just keep enjoying your car and try and save some money elsewhere. You only live once!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I'll trade you my 02 520i (full house spec) with 62k miles on it :p

"smaller" for you and more power for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I have a BMW 530i sport 2001 with 82000 miles on the clock, fabulous car but am thinking of selling it, getting something smaller, i dont really need anything with that type of power. Loved every minute of driving it though. What would be the best way to go about getting selling it, and how much would I possibly expect to get for it. It is genuine factory sports model, auto/tiptronic, cream leather, wood trim. Perfect condition. NCT for another 18 months. Is there any demand for these types of cars?

There was a link here recently to a guy selling an immaculate 2003 530i Sport with decent spec (and ~60k miles IIRC) for €10k. I'm guessing you could go for €7k?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Oh and yeah - Unkel's right - don't sell it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Technically nobody "needs" that kind of power, but you'll be kicking yourself down the line when you get a slower, smaller car and you'll be wondering why you ever got rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

so the general consensus is not to sell! maybe all i wanted was to be talked out of it. not seriously stuck for money, just want to downsize hate paying the tax on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭serco

I just bought one recently myself and although the tax is high when you split it over a year its not so bad. 100 euro a month, just dont go out every saturday night or cut back on something else and you'll have paid for it.

I had a 1.4 Golf beforehand, couldnt go back to that now after driving the 530....

keep it unless you need the cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

serco wrote: »
    I had a 1.4 Golf beforehand, couldnt go back to that now after driving the 530....

Nice move, you've ruined yourself for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

take it off the road buy a very cheap runaround and when this financial unpleasantness ends put her back on the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

things aren't that bad - was thinking of moving to a 2.0d of some sort, i'd love if there was a 520d sport in the E39 - now that would be a great car, i'd keep it forever. would €7k be achievable if i did ultimately try to sell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

things aren't that bad - was thinking of moving to a 2.0d of some sort, i'd love if there was a 520d sport in the E39 - now that would be a great car, i'd keep it forever. would €7k be achievable if i did ultimately try to sell?

I'd say you could get 7k alright.
    Remember, not all of us are hell-bent on getting a diesel car to avail of the cheaper tax. There are still some of us out there who will go hell-bent on getting a large petrol engined car!
    I don't think the market will dry up for these cars for another few years yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There was a link here recently to a guy selling an immaculate 2003 530i Sport with decent spec (and ~60k miles IIRC) for €10k. I'm guessing you could go for €7k?

yep, i posted the link to an immac 530i from www.bmw-drivers.net
    with full spec including DVD sat nav and TV all factory fitted.

asking for 9,995, and it sold a week or 2 ago, dont know exactly what it sold for in the end.

put it up on done deal, its only 3euro or adverts.ie, thats free. test the market and then adjust your price accordinly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

also, heres a 2004 new shape E60 530i for sale at 12,950

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1041840

Full?id=1986467

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

kceire wrote: »

VERY nice! Relatively low mileage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

kceire wrote: »

Full?id=1986467

Shame its a manual. That particular car has been for sale for about 6 months now, think it had minor damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

It's a manual too, some would prefer that, but most in the market for a 5 series wants an auto (I'd prefer than manual myself though)

Advertisement