Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to weave in Galway?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is anyone in Galway or the surrounding area that teaches weaving? I've only been able to find places that are too far away to get there and back in a day.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

Sorry I don't know of anyone in particular. But if you contact Suzie from www.derryauncrafts.com she might know of someone. She runs different kinds of textile workshops in Mayo, but she's also the stockist for Ashford Weaving equipment, so she'd know a lot of weavers in the area.

The Connaught Textile Crafters which meet up in the Museum of Country Life, in Castlebar once a month. Or contact the Guild of Spinners, Weavers, and Dyers www.weavers.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Thanks, stitchlily. I had already contacted Suzie, but didn't realise she stocks Ashford products, which I'm also interested in, so will investigate that further! Have not yet heard anything back from the weaver's guild, but hopefully they will have some ideas.
    I guess it's not such a common craft, but will keep trying anyway!

Advertisement