Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband problem

Options
  • 04-11-2009 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi, just asking for advice here on a few issues I have with irish broadband.

We a breeze connection installed in our house with 4pcs and 1 mac connected to it over a belkin wireless router. The problem is that the mac, while still connected to the router, drops its internet connection. If I turn of airport on the mac and turn it back on again, it usually sorts the problem. Sometimes as well this does not work and I run system diagnostics from my browser. It Usually comes up stating that it is a problem from the ISP and asks me to restart the modem. I don't think it is the ISP myself as all other computers are connected to the net.

Any advice here received would be appreciated.

Rgds,

TJM

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Once I hear that magic word "Belkin" I lose any interest in living :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I concur with Sponge Bob, Belkins in general are ****! although I have come across some decent network devices but not many. May I suggest a Linksys / Netgear device instead and try that. Old school WRT54Gs from Linksys were great, specially with the custom firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH if its the MAC that is loosing connection then the problem lies with that piece of fruit. Belkin are sh1te btw, they lie not.

MC

Advertisement