Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Major Crash Repairs

Options
  • 04-11-2009 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Now thats some good panel work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

No doubt about it, the guy knows how to work metal/filler/paint.

But you have to wonder, there's a few cars in there that should have gone to the crusher, the Mazda 3, the Mondeo, the Daihatsu, even the Isuzu and Civic (on cost grounds alone ).

The only justification I can see for fixing some of them is that labour is cheap, and parts are cheap - it would never pay you, here, to put that stuff back together.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

galwaytt wrote: »

it would never pay you, here, to put that stuff back together.

yes it would and it happens all the time, have seen plenty of stuff like that being repaired and put back on the road all accross the country....
    especially when the car is up to a year old.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Some good stuff on there for any budding panel-beaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the colour matches on some of those are shocking. I'm only using my laptop but I can see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Some more relevant stuff on there too for classics.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

robtri wrote: »
    yes it would and it happens all the time, have seen plenty of stuff like that being repaired and put back on the road all accross the country....
    especially when the car is up to a year old.......

I second that. Was in BMW garage in Rathangan a few years back when the company was buying it's fleet there (Ford Mondeos) and was told by the salesman that he had seen a 3 series come off the top of a loader truck and land on it's arse. They fixed it up and sold it on. Same day a CL55AMG came in with huge drivers side damage all the way down the length of it and the sales guys were queing up to get a spin in it, hense why the 3 series came up in conversation.

Advertisement