Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible UFO sighting in louth tonight

Options
  • 04-11-2009 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I posted this in the photography section too, so thought it might aswell go here too!

I was out tonight doing night time pictures for college. When i got home and looked at the images on the laptop, one of them in particular caught my attention.

Might i add, There was a pic taken before, and after this one, both within a minute, and theres no sign of these lights in it.

So I thought id share it :confused:

16355_193848881060_641561060_4570749_4664212_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

dan759 wrote: »
    I posted this in the photography section too, so thought it might aswell go here too!

I was out tonight doing night time pictures for college. When i got home and looked at the images on the laptop, one of them in particular caught my attention.

Might i add, There was a pic taken before, and after this one, both within a minute, and theres no sign of these lights in it.

Please post all the pics you think are relevant. Any of them HQ? or optical zoomed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yup, please post all pictures in that timeframe that are relevant. and only the high res ones, untouched from the camera. As in, don't scale them down like the one above.

Maybe attach them, rather than insert them in line. Will mess up the page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

dan759 wrote: »

Looks like the end of some fireworks in the distance to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

In the cluster to the bottom right, there is quite an obvious circular artifact.

If its a case you did not notice these 'lights' when you took the photographs, its quite possible that they are simply reflections, glare, or artifacts from dirt on the lense or sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Moved to Paranormal Forum. You might get more insight there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Not attacking you or anything but it looks like lense flare to me (very easy to replicate), as in some artcificial light source outside the frame spilling into the lese? Also is this shot through a window or somethin or is there a filter on the lense?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Attracta Mann

In the cluster to the bottom right, there is quite an obvious circular artifact.

If its a case you did not notice these 'lights' when you took the photographs, its quite possible that they are simply reflections, glare, or artifacts from dirt on the lense or sensor.

That looks like the full moon to me hidden behind clouds.

Edit.

Just realised the 'light' above lights so tis not the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

6th wrote: »
    Moved to Paranormal Forum. You might get more insight there.

Hiya 6th , Hope your well ?

Looks like a reflection in the lens to me , but thats only my opinion , might be an idea to post fotos of this type over in the Astronomy & Space Forum ,where us experts hang out :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=267

Stargate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

C'mon, you're all afraid to say it now! Chinese lanterns? :p

Edit: Not saying that's what I think, but you know yourself someone had to say it. Nice pic BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

C'mon, you're all afraid to say it now! Chinese lanterns? :p

Edit: Not saying that's what I think, but you know yourself someone had to say it. Nice pic BTW

Slow Motion..... lol , Chinese lanterns , ( again ) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 clodaghsmummy

I saw something quite similar to that in the sky above killarney at night in sept, I don't know what they were but I'm not thinking UFO's, as my sighting was very similar and it didn't look like that to me.

Great picure btw.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

After looking at a copy of the photo it looks very like a lens flare, you can't really see it in the photo here but there is a lot of bluring arcross the bottom of the photo also. Could have also been a phosphorus flare. I'll have a better look at the photo later when I have time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Stargate wrote: »
    Slow Motion..... lol , Chinese lanterns , ( again ) :D

*Homer Simpson* The cause of, and solution to most of the worlds (UFO) problems! *Homer Simpson*

Advertisement