Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the knife

Options
  • 04-11-2009 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

anybody like the knife or fever ray ?? wished thay would come and play ireland but the knife wont play gigs cas of reasons i wont get into lol what do people think ?? silent shout is a great album 5 stars do u agree

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

Fever Ray played at Oxegen last year..... they were really good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Love them both! Hopefully going to see Fever Ray in London in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

don't know fever ray, but love the knife.
    what are these reasons for not playing ireland you refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

I'm curious too!! Would love to see them in Dublin sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

fever ray are amazing....went to see them at oxegen aswell...they were class!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

love The Knife & Fever Ray - I just think her voice is amazing. I would love to check out the opera they wrote http://www.hotelproforma.dk/side.asp?side=2&id=438&ver=uk not playing anywhere nearby though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The Knife are meant to be amazing live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Kold wrote: »
    The Knife are meant to be amazing live.

Indeed they are! There is a version of Silent Shout knocking about with a full-length DVD of a show they did in Sweden (I think) - anyway its bloody fantastic - the visuals are absolutely stunning - and probably the closest you'll get to seeing them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

11811 wrote: »
    Indeed they are! There is a version of Silent Shout knocking about with a full-length DVD of a show they did in Sweden (I think) - anyway its bloody fantastic - the visuals are absolutely stunning - and probably the closest you'll get to seeing them live.

I have the Silent shout DVD you're talking about - was recommended the Knife by a few people and bought Silent Shout. Stuck in the DVD and watched the first few songs - that is some crazy sh!t!
    Found them a bit hard to get into but really like them now. Am currently listening to Deep Cuts, which is also amazing.
    May pick up Fever Ray this week if I can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

11811 wrote: »
    Why? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Kold wrote: »
    Why? :(

Well for one they don't tour much, actually very little really they've a thing against conforming to main-stream music practices it seems!

And they're writing an opera at the moment apparently, which will be performed in some venues around europe next year - so the likely hood of seeing them over here is slim I'd imagine, which is a real pity, would love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Oh No!

Standing tickets just sold out for Fever Rays London date. What do I do now? Unreserved standing upstairs or try my luck at getting an unwanted ticket closer to the day of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Oh No!

Standing tickets just sold out for Fever Rays London date. What do I do now? Unreserved standing upstairs or try my luck at getting an unwanted ticket closer to the day of the gig.

...balls!! Was going to buy mine tomorrow and all!

Advertisement