Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CU - Weird Registration Number

Options
  • 04-11-2009 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Passed this car in the garage today...

no-image-large.gif

The registration plate is 06 CU 10674

Did anyone ever come across this before? I assume it's a plate the garage put on for some reason. Is it an import and the "CU" is currently unregistered or something, and they just put on a fake Irish plate so it would look right sitting on the forecourt.

It is an import because the speedo is in miles. The car is in a main dealer in Cork, 06C10674 is registered to a Fiat Panda btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I couldn't be sure but it looks like an Isle of Man type reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Blackwater are importing a lot of their stuff so ^^^^^ would make a lot of sense. I called in there last Sunday for a look and thought it might be a stock number or something

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's not an IOM reg ... see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom#Isle_of_Man

Any chance of a front-on photo of just the reg plate? It doesn't look anything lile any EU plate shown here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_European_Union

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Thanks lads, I was just a bit curious.

I might be able to get a picture during the week, it was dark last night so I just pulled that one off carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Blackwater's own stock numbers probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Sod the reg number - €16,500 for a (nearly) 4 year old Passat 1.9Tdi Estate with 100,000km + in what looks close to Comfortline spec, but without the Climate Control!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

CU= owned by the local credit union :D.I'd say its just a display plate to have it looking like a C reg plate,but with a U added in so as not to have the exact same reg as the car out on the road that has 06 C *****.If that makes sense..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

R.O.R wrote: »
    Sod the reg number - €16,500 for a (nearly) 4 year old Passat 1.9Tdi Estate with 100,000km + in what looks close to Comfortline spec, but without the Climate Control!

Their prices are off the wall

Advertisement