Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attendance question

Options
  • 04-11-2009 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I've been out a fair bit in this this semester with a few issues that I'd rather not discuss. How serious is attendance looked at if you pass exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Some lecturers insist on 75% attendence. But, my attendence was woeful in my first semester due to some personal issues and it didn't affect my exam results, but missing classes definately did impact on my stress levels. I don't want to assume I know what your problem is but I found that by checking in with your lecturers and letting them know you are still about was a helpful thing to do. The majority of lecturers are understanding people and believe me, you aren't the first person to miss classes!! Try to get extensions on any project/CA you might have missed, as these are counted towards your final results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

In first year they try to make attendance seem important. It is only important if lecturers put a percentage of your grade on your attendance. Apart from that, it's not...well unless you want to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Besides missing out on notes and things like that, attendance can be the deciding few percent on whether or not they make you repeat or not. If your exam results are okay attendance will play pretty much no part; but if your grades are low then attendance comes into play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

Attendance really comes into play if your just below a passing mark. If the students attendance has been good then most lec's will give the student the benifit of the doubt and pass them.

Advertisement