Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to Reset an EMS Dash Light

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello All,

My car ran a little bit low on oil recently and an Orange Engine Management System Light came on in the dash. I topped it up with oil and it is ok now but the light remains on in the dash.

Would any of you have any ideas how to reset this light without bringing it to a main dealer?

Regards,

Chevy RV:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What car, what year, what engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Tipsy Mac,

Sorry I forgot to include the details.

It's a 2003 X type Jag 2.5 Petrol if that's any good. I think the engine are meant to be the same as a Ford Mondeo's.

Chevy RV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

plug in a scan tool and read/reset the codes!

beachlife wrote: »
    plug in a scan tool and read/reset the codes!

Hello There,

Where could one of those be got?

Chevy RV

well you can buy a eobd code reader from your local motorfactors or a friendly garage might just do it for free!!I think advance or some one was doing free code reads there at one point.Where are you located?

• Advertisement

Just outside Tipperary

Chevy RV

well I can't offer much advise as I'm up in Dublin,just try your local garage they should check the codes and put the light out.How do you know that the low oil caused the light to come on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

op is your light the one below?
    afaik there is no warning light for low oil. There is of course the red low oil pressure one.

check-engine-light.jpg

If it is the above light then it's not likely oil but an error from the computer. Could be any number of things. As others said you'll have to get it "read"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Pearce Motors in Tipp Town or the garage in the petrol station in Monard will surely check it out for you.

Advertisement