Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number 29

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Number 29
    Situated in the hearth of Dublin's fashionable Georgian streets, this is a unique museum - a restored four-story town house that reflects the lifestyle of a Dublin middle-class family during the period 1790 to 1820. The exhibition ranges from artefacts and works of art of the time, to carpets, curtains, floor coverings, decorations, paintwork, plasterwork, and bellpulls The nursery also includes dolls and toys of the era.

Anyone visited this town house? Do you know if its free.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It was restored and funded by the ESB as a condition of being allowed to knock that side of Fitzwilliam Square for their HQ.

I saw it on Culture Night a few years ago and it was free then but not normally.

Unsurprisingly, they have a website.

http://www.esb.ie/main/about_esb/numbertwentynine/default.htm

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I went there in final year, its not bad. The films are kind of funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

I was there a few years ago and found it very nice, pleasant, informative and a nice way to spend an afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Thanks for your replies. I think i will take the kids over the christmas.

Advertisement