Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC install time?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just signed up for UPC as hit Digiweb cap again. On the sign up form it asks when you want it installed. I selected this Saturday so I'm wondering was that a joke option or do they actually install on Saturdays.

Also wondering what hope there is of getting it installed this Saturday or does it take a while for them to show up.

I'm in Maynooth so would appreciate anyone else from Maynooth that recently got it installed letting me know how long it took if they are here. Itching to get a connection with a bigger cap so I can start downloading Left4Dead 2 demo :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

thebman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just signed up for UPC as hit Digiweb cap again. On the sign up form it asks when you want it installed. I selected this Saturday so I'm wondering was that a joke option or do they actually install on Saturdays.

Also wondering what hope there is of getting it installed this Saturday or does it take a while for them to show up.

I'm in Maynooth so would appreciate anyone else from Maynooth that recently got it installed letting me know how long it took if they are here. Itching to get a connection with a bigger cap so I can start downloading Left4Dead 2 demo :D

As far as I can remember, I asked for a date and then they just gave me another one, though it was only a week or 10 days until they arrived. You get that creepy robot phonecall a day or two before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I had my booking for a Tuesday morning. Got the weird robot phone call, and a human phone call to verify in the days before hand. They arrived at 9.30 on the Tuesday morning, though this was in Limerick.

A *lot* of people have not had the same happy experience with waiting for UPC to arrive. I'd imagine Saturday would be highly sought after too, so you could be in for delays there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Pretty much what I expected thanks.

Advertisement