Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speeding ticket

Options
  • 03-11-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

3 months ago i was fined for speeding.i got the fine in post and sent it back with my bank account details for payment.few weeks after that i got a second letter in post saying i had failed to pay as i didn’t add the copy of the foreign driving licence.They highlighted that ‘’we strongly recommend to add a copy of a foreign driving licence’’ had been written on the fine . I missed that on the first letter and also if saying we strongly recommend i personally don’t think it states that the payment will not be taken and it will result as a missed payment, After receiveing the letter i rang them straight away and asked why couldn’t they debit the account and if they could do it now. All they had to say is that i will have to go to court and need to wait for the letter with the court date by post.
    Its the first time ever i exceeded the speeding limit and am fined for something. Does anyone know what more likely will happen. I have to go to court in few weeks time.firstly I was fined 70 euro. Will it be the same amount and 2 penalty points or something more. Is there any point in arguing over the missed payment* because I don’t agree with them not taking the first payment as i gave all the account details.
    also they should change the wording in the fines at least.
    all feedback appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement