Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Firewire port?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, just bought a new camcorder an Canon HV20:D But the thing is, i have two computers a laptop and a pc, now the laptop is considerably better than the desktop, but it has no firewire port, the pc does but im not sure if it will be able to handle the HD footage, is there any way for me to connect a firewire to my laptop?

I was also wondering if i just captured the footage on the desktop, then transfer it over to the laptop via pen drive will that work?

Thanks

Rogie

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

network the two pc`s together.Camera to desktop across the network to laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rogie

ok sounds like what i need, how would i do that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I got a PCMCIA card for the laptop. It had two firewire ports.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

simplest way get a crossover cable links the two pc`s together run the set up a home network in windows on both just make sure that both pc`s are using the same name for the network ie on xp the default name is "mshome" and on vista it is "workgroup" you can call your network anything once the 2 pc`s are running with the same name.Oh to get to the setup home network go to start-network- look on the left of the screen (xp) vista is simlar

Advertisement