Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit Guide

Options
  • 03-11-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I happened to get sucked into Most Haunted last week and then ended up hungover at the weekend and stumbled upon Derek Acorahs new show somehow. I was intrigued (not entertained) and was watching out of sheer hungoverness.

He was talking to 'Sam' his spirit guide. It had me thinking so I went onto his website yesterday and he has a whole story on how he met Sam, http://www.derekacorah.org/Sam.html

Does anyone else here, think they have a spirit guide? Think this is crazy? If you had of heard him on the show, every second sentence was "thank you please Sam". I guess, yeah, I was interested enough to google him and would like to think we have spirit guides / guardian angels *though not the kind from heaven*, Id like to open the discussion on this point anyway.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Derek Acorah is a fraud IMHO. Do a bit of research on him and you can see why I say that.
    They are promoting a show on sky1 at the moment where he is going to attempt to talk to Michael Jackons ghost........Please:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Many mediums work with spirit guides. Very few do it as obviously as Mr Acorah. A lot of that would appear to be showmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

He better be getting paid a lot to talk to Michael Jackson as it is most likely the last job he is ever going to get in the public eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

rafared wrote: »
    Derek Acorah is a fraud IMHO. Do a bit of research on him and you can see why I say that.
    They are promoting a show on sky1 at the moment where he is going to attempt to talk to Michael Jackons ghost........Please:rolleyes:

I think he's a fraud to a certain extent. I think he has some intuition of some sort but has totally blown it out of proportion.
    Oryx wrote: »
    Many mediums work with spirit guides. Very few do it as obviously as Mr Acorah. A lot of that would appear to be showmanship.

Interesting that they work with spirit guides.. I find that very interesting actually. My Dad 'says' that clairvoyents, spiritualist, tarot readers all think theyre working with spirit guides but in actual fact, its bad spirits feeding them this information. Know this might not make sense, thats just what he thinks.
    Grimes wrote: »
    He better be getting paid a lot to talk to Michael Jackson as it is most likely the last job he is ever going to get in the public eye.

Im shocked that hes doing it in the first place and Sky News are broadcasting. I think it is a farce!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Interesting that they work with spirit guides.. I find that very interesting actually. My Dad 'says' that clairvoyents, spiritualist, tarot readers all think theyre working with spirit guides but in actual fact, its bad spirits feeding them this information. Know this might not make sense, thats just what he thinks.
    I hear that a lot. I think fear makes people think that way a lot of the time. Another theory is that your guides are aspects of your higher self.

Any medium who works with guides will have spent a lot of time meditating and finding out who or what these guides are. Ideally, this kind of communication is filled with love and compassion, and is given to the reader in a way that should never cause harm. (If harm is done, thats down to the reader themselves). People who actually look into how it works usually let go of the notion that it is bad spirits at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I always get suspicious when 'mediums' like Mr Acorah constantly talk when contacting a spirit. To me it appears that he doesn't stop talking long enough to listen to any spirits that may be speaking to him...like John Edwards..he talks nineteen to the dozen. Compare his method to Gordon Smith's..he stops to listen, I think he seems genuine.

Advertisement