Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIGHER ORDER FUNCTIONS AFFECTED BY STROKE

Options
  • 03-11-2009 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey guys,

just wondering if someone could enlighten me a bit as to what the higher order functions are in the human body? when someone refers to this do they mean functions like breathing, moving, communicating?

Many thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Hmm wondering if someone you know has been recently affected by stroke?

Edit: Reason I ask that is because if that is the case and not knowing what you may or may not have been told it would be very easy to miscommunicate here. Stroke is tricky. It takes different course in different people.

But to answer a straightforward question - breathing and moving would be lower order functions. Higher order functions are things like reasoning, decision making, constructing a sentence, doing math.

So you can see that the phrase 'higher order functions' can mean a fairly wide range of things. If you are trying to figure out what the consequences are for someone you know, I would recommend you discuss it with the Doctor again and ask them to elaborate on what they mean, because out side of the immediate clinical context the phrase 'higher order functions' is a fairly broad term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NUIG 4 me

Its for a research project for college. I'm just trying to get as much information as possible, I didnt really understand what the term higher order functions refered to,

Thanks!

Advertisement