Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Service Pack

Options
  • 03-11-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have the service pack currently and am told that if something goes over 1,500 kms after its due service date, BMW charge you for it. Anybody got any experince of this? Or is Joe Duffy trying to pull a fast one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That sounds plausible enough to me, although all the details will be in the service pack documentation you got with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you have service pack, why are you not getting it serviced in time? I dont see how charging you for it improves the situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

I was told that a few years ago by BMW dealer and that you might lose your warrainty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

why didnt you get it done on time?
    if its over 1500km from the service due then they are probably trying to say something like, you have invalidated the warranty.

service pack costs 1200 plus vat iirc so you'd be mad to skip a service while having it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I have the service pack currently and am told that if something goes over 1,500 kms after its due service date, BMW charge you for it. Anybody got any experince of this? Or is Joe Duffy trying to pull a fast one?

That's true across the network.

You need to service +/-1,500KM of the service date or they won't pay for it.

Apparently it's getting stricter lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It is possible to have work done earlier by agreement, for example if the car needs pads at 40k kms and is due an oil change at 42k then they might do the oil change early to save the customer a second trip to the garage. This has to be approved in advance by BMW Ireland though.

Advertisement