Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drastic drop of downstream on Vodafone (from BT)

Options
  • 03-11-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I decided to jump boats and move from BT to Vodafone.
    From my sig, you can see what speed I was getting on BT. This morning, my Vodafone modem arrived (something really fancy) and connected it immediately. I presume the "system" recognised that I had switched to Vodafone from BT and my speed was almost instantly dropped to less then 3 Mb/s. Tried connecting through my old Netgear but it was showing me what Vodafone's modem did. Rang Tech support and was told that my line could only handle max 3 Mb/s. I argued that for the past few years, i always had a much higher speed and just last night, speedtest.net showed me 6.7 Mb/s. He could not say anything other than that he would escalate it to BT! The upstream has stayed the same but the downstream is knocked to near ISBN. Surely, if the line was capable to handle a high speed two days ago, it should be able to do so today.
    Anyone have an idea. Tried unhooking the land line, Sky but it made almost no difference. We do not have an eircom monitored alarm.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

ISDN is a hell of a lot less than 3meg!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

devnull wrote: »
    ISDN is a hell of a lot less than 3meg!
    devnull,
    I know what the speeds of ISDN and ASDN+ are as I used it for a few years. I was being somewhat ironic.

Anyone have a notion what may be wrong? People in our estate on BT achieve 7 Mb/s no problem. I was told that I would be upgraded to the equivalent speed of BT?
    Speedtest showing me now (Iknow it's peak time) http://www.speedtest.net/result/611459973.png

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Simple answer:

Show us your stats, SNR and ATT.

Advertisement