Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW full service & timing belt - Newry vs Dublin

Options
  • 03-11-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just thought I'd let people know of the current price difference between a main VW dealer in Dublin and Newry for a full service and a timing belt change, including tensioners etc. Although maybe you know already!

Dublin

Full service €293 including loyalty discount
    Timing belt €634 including loyalty discount

Newry

Full service £140
    Timing belt £280

Car is a 07 Passat and we've already had a 05 Golf done up in Newry with the same garage quoted above. The guy in Newry said every second call he is taking is from someone down South.

Loyalty discount? They obviously don't know the meaning of the words in Dublin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 calyx

Connollys VW garage in sligo and ballina fixed price servicing for the last year or so.

Timing belt €399 inc VAT
    Service €160 inc VAT.

Check out www.connollys.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

€293 for a Service....WTF?
    Having a laugh I'd say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

cadaliac wrote: »
    €293 for a Service....WTF?
    Having a laugh I'd say.
    They must be. I got my car serviced at VW main dealer and it was €190 - which is still expensive.

Advertisement