Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda HRV (2002) Boot Space?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of buying a Honda HRV . Has anyone any idea of the boot space with the seats down and would it hold a large dog (Newfoundland)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

nope. the rear seat is quite high, as is the boot floor. the roof is low too - relative to the floor. consider a Rav4 (00-05) which has removable/sliding/reclining/folding rear seats as standard

A 1.8 Rav4 will also be considerably lighter on fuel than a 1.6 4WD HR-V

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A decent mid range estate car might be better again, and will have the boot space you'd need.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

A decent mid range estate car might be better again, and will have the boot space you'd need.

Henry
    Are you talking about A4 size or would I need to go A6 size ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Henry
    Are you talking about A4 size or would I need to go A6 size ?

A4 size I'd say. Bring the hound to the showrooms for a test fitting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

A4 size I'd say. Bring the hound to the showrooms for a test fitting :D

Good idea , I will let the nine stone dog haggle with the salesman :D

• Advertisement

Good idea , I will let the nine stone dog haggle with the salesman :D

Take a video camera. I'd love to see that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Rear seat can slide on the HR-V...
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    A 1.8 Rav4 will also be considerably lighter on fuel than a 1.6 4WD HR-V

You sure about that? The Rav is a size up from the HRV and is more CRV-sized. (HRV isn't permanent 4WD either)

I had a HR-V from work back in 07 and it was a hound on juice. I've seen 1.8 2WD Rav4's average late 30's in mpg. Toyota claim 38 or 39mpg.

Honda claim around 33mpg combined for the HR-V, I saw mid to late 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

I had a HR-V from work back in 06 and it was a hound on juice. I've seen 1.8 2WD Rav4's average late 30's in mpg. Toyota claim 38 or 39mpg.

Honda claim around 33mpg combined for the HR-V, I saw mid to late 20s.

Mrs. drives a 99 HRV, and for the record, drives about 100km s daily commute and gets 30-35mpg no bother. Hers doesn't have the spoiler and is 2WD, which helps I guess.

They dropped the 2WD model at some stage.

The only one available towards the end was the Si 4WD 5dr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The only one available towards the end was the Si 4WD 5dr.
    It's not permanent 4WD tho, so it doesn't make that much difference normally.

Advertisement