Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeps still getting stuff outside of Ireland OK?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Have not bought an AEG/Pistol outside of Ireland in while as the Irish
    retailers had most of the stuff I wanted.

Quickie are people still ordering stuff from abroad and getting it hassle free?
    Wondering on the run up to the big bad ban are people having more issues with
    customs or is gear coming in OK at the moment.
    Its estimated Jan 2010 isnt it? when things may come into effect?

Any courier service to avoid that were OK before, was there not some hassle
    with places where the deliveries went through France while on route and custom's there
    destroyed them? etc

Spotted something on ehobbyasia that I've been after for a very very long time
    and need to buy it as part of my MUST haves.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

Yeah i'd like to know if anyone is having problems too. Wana get something from airsoftglobal.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

From what I know it's still fine, I haven't ordered much more than a few parts in the last month or two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Hi Guys
    I have oredered and received a KAC PDW only a week ago with no hassles from ebaybanned!
    They did tell me they were sending it by UPS, but it arrived by normal post.
    No charges at all!! Which in my experiences was a miracle.
    They did attach a note to the front of the box to say that the AEG was firing at .98joule!! This was not the case when I chronoed it (It was way over the limit by 90fps). I down graded this immediately, but if customs had got hold of it and tested it, it would probably been crushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Have had pistols come in through tnt in the last few weeks, no hassle but the customs charges:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

just got a EA 6 shot grenade launcher from Ehobby last week, so no problems dude :D
    in fact turn around and delivery of the items has gotten faster in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cool, Nice to know there is still time to get some pre 2010 last min pre-ban orders
    in.

Just ordered a Tanaka Works Browning Hi-Power MKIII Pistol.
    Something I've wanted for a long time. Considering
    I got to fire it back in the ol FCA days it was a must for
    the collection.

As its made in Japan I'm guessing it will be ABS not metal.
    Not sure if this is a newer model but I know the original Models
    had......issues and gave trouble. Pricey bugger too and 44usd for a spare mag.

Resisted the urge to buy a gold bling bling army 1911 for now.

~B

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Had two AEG's I ordered come in from China with no hassle a week or 2 ago. Delivery was quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

bullets wrote: »
    Just ordered a Tanaka Works Browning Hi-Power MKIII Pistol.
    ~B

Jammy git. :)

Meant in the nicest possibly way of course.

Advertisement