Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ hire prices

Options
  • 03-11-2009 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering what sort of prices should be charged for a dj for a party?
    Ive been told 180 is that too much seems alot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Are they providing equipment or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eoincody

what type of dj, what type of music, what type of party, how long, what type of equipment? i hear sasha doesnt get out of bed for less than ten grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

providing epuipment for the night from about 9-1.30 birthday party

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'd be of the opinion that 180 is pretty good, if it's all inclusive. You probably could get better if you had time to shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

your talking nearly 8 hours including travel, setting up, setting down which works out at just over 20 quid an hour which isn't bad considering the DJ is working weekend and into the early hours of the morning. 180 is a fair price in my humble opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

€180 is very good in my opinion. But then again, I don't charge. I just ask people to pay me what they think is fair based on the night. It works and I get alot of business.

On a side note, how much could you ask per hour to do a gig in a club? Or how much could you expect to get? Not resident or anything, just a warm up act or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

180 is cheap, mobiles and partys are normally €250 up, Normally most clubs and depends on location €150 up , but thats for a full night

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

grand thanks just wasnt sure!

Advertisement