Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bizarre Car Sale

Options
  • 03-11-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Well i finally sold my car today, a fella came from England to pick it up and is probably on the boat home again about now. In two weeks time i'll be heading over to England to buy a car:D

I sold my 1996 Prelude Type S to him for €3k which i had advertised for weeks and he reckoned he couldn't get a descent one over there for less than £4.5k. First time i heard of someone coming over here for a cheaper car.

Bring on a boring diesel:(

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Congrats.
    Hopefully he didn't give you a draft and you post him the change in a week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Cash is king:D

Nice bloke, knew his stuff about Preludes, even pointed out a couple of things i never knew.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nothing new about Irish cars taking a swim. Used to be done wholesale on new higher end stuff, due to lower pre tax prices here and a strong STG£

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 2.2 engine kills Prelude prices here, most Irish would plump for a 1.8 Integra instead

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Senna wrote: »
    Cash is king:D

Nice bloke, knew his stuff about Preludes, even pointed out a couple of things i never knew.

As long as it is not funny money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Well i finally sold my car today, a fella came from England to pick it up and is probably on the boat home again about now. In two weeks time i'll be heading over to England to buy a car:D

I sold my 1996 Prelude Type S to him for €3k which i had advertised for weeks and he reckoned he couldn't get a descent one over there for less than £4.5k. First time i heard of someone coming over here for a cheaper car.

4th or 5th Gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I would well believe this.

Its is so hard to sell a car here at the moment because there are just SO many cars available. A quick check on carzone states that there are 61000 cars for sale and that's only what advertised there. A lot of very good cars are being sold quite cheap (and in this case even cheaper than in the UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

If it's a good nick H22A/BB4|BB6 then it's not surprising. Those are the most sought after.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

grahambo wrote: »
    A quick check on carzone states that there are 61000 cars for sale and that's only what advertised there.
    but 60,000 of those are scams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

kbannon wrote: »
    but 60,000 of those are scams :D

And if you click 'show cars' there's only 44,000, so even Carzone are scamming!

• Advertisement
Advertisement