Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Two (new) problems with Peugeot 206.

Options
  • 02-11-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I just got the front right wishbone replaced.

Now I have two new problems that may or may not be related to the wishbone but which weren't there before it was replaced.

The first is a horrible grinding noise that seems to be coming from the front of the car when I open the driver's door. I'll try WD40 on it tomorrow but I'm not hopeful that will fix it.

The second is potentially more serious - the gear knob wobbles violently when I'm in fourth and fifth.

Any ideas about the causes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

maybe engine or gearbox mountings? presume this happens when you accelerate, then let off the gas a bit?
    Is it 4th and 5th or just at high speeds?

Did this only happen straight after you got the work done? If so go back to whoever worked on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

It's just at high speeds in fourth and fifth. I'd like to have a vague notion of what it might be incase the garage try and rip me off by saying it needs a new gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you just had the work done then call the garage and voice your concerns. Don't let too much time pass.

A friend replaced the wishbone at cost so making a complaint isn't really an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A friend replaced the wishbone at cost so making a complaint isn't really an option.

Ah I see. Maybe tell this friend that since the repair you've noticed these two issues and would he mind if he took a look - just to be sure. I'm sure any friend would be more than happy to help.

Sorry if that sounds a bit.........PI

• Advertisement

Well, the WD40 solved the grinding noise anyway.
    I'll hope the gear knob problem goes away over the next few days and if it doesn't bring it back.

these things don't tend to resolve themselves, I'd get it looked at ASAP before some damage is done to driveshafts, CV joints or gearbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Well, the WD40 solved the grinding noise anyway.
    The WD40 will be gone within a week and the noise back. You need proper grease for that job.

Vaseline will be ok for the door.

(cue tasteless jokes....)

Advertisement