Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap letter stickers for advertising on my van

Options
  • 02-11-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone know of any sites or places I can get cheap stickers for my van?

I want to put some text on the side and back of the van advertising my business, and maybe some paw print stickers.

In an ideal situation it would be great if I could email off a design / logo and have that printed too rather than generic letters, but I need to do it cheap cheap cheap!!!

Also, where can I get see through covers for the back window of my van? Ive seen vans with stickers covering the back window so the driver can see out but people cant see into the van.

Cheers in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

meant to say if its a car shop that would sell them, are there any in cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You may be able to buy individual vinyl letters on eBay, but lining them up manually will be a pain in the arse and will look unprofessional and hand done for years to come. Everything you're asking for is the remit of a signwriter, and will need to be done by a signwriter, especially some of the more expensive items you've mentioned.

Having an image printed, is done using very very expensive digital printers, and you'll pay a premium for those, and the material you asked about for seeing through the windows but having an image printed on the outside is called Gerber Vision vinyl, an expensive material to purchase, and then you have expensive digital printing on top of that.

You're not going to get what you're asking done cheaply, but there are plenty of signwriters in Cork with the materials and equipment who can do the work for you. I used to work in the trade for 2 years quite a while back supplying this specific equipment - so I've experiences of the machines and materials to pull off what you want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sonyato

I think sticviews.com will be the best solution for you. You can upload a jpeg of your company logo and specify the size, shape and material for your stickers. It won't be individual letters, but it'll be guaranteed that your logo will look exactly how you want it to!

It should be pretty affordable, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Your making a mistake making your van look visually cheap its a bad reflection on your business,most vehicle graphics companys will have solutions for every budget,go and have a chat with them

your prob right, its just im really not keen on spending a substantial amount, only using the van for 8 - 10 months, and just want to sticker it with coming soon.... and website etc.

but suppose you gotta spend money to make it, right?!

• Advertisement

sonyato wrote: »
    I think sticviews.com will be the best solution for you. You can upload a jpeg of your company logo and specify the size, shape and material for your stickers. It won't be individual letters, but it'll be guaranteed that your logo will look exactly how you want it to!

It should be pretty affordable, too.

that site looks perfect but only ships to the U.S!

votejohn wrote: »
    your prob right, its just im really not keen on spending a substantial amount, only using the van for 8 - 10 months, and just want to sticker it with coming soon.... and website etc.

but suppose you gotta spend money to make it, right?!

This just makes me think even more that you should go with sticviews.com - the stickers come off clean, so they won't damage your paint when you remove them. That's great if you're looking for something temporary... Just checked out the pricing - a 10"x10" sticker is $10.

again, on the homepage of your site it says you dont ship to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

You could try somewhere like Vistaprint, they do car\van magnets. Just a cheap solution that may keep you going for a while.

They also do free ones that you could get to see how they work.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

votejohn wrote: »
    that site looks perfect but only ships to the U.S!

oh whoops! sorry, didn't catch that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Buy a couple of sheets of self adhesive vinyl, and borrow a scalpel and a stencil set.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭al2009

I got a crowd in cork to do my van, under 200 and gets the message across, pm if you want their details. Very helpful with layout and ideas.

al

I want to put some paw prints on the car, do ye think the vistaprint window decals that stick on the outside of the glass would hold up on the actual van panelling?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement