Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Converting Estate Car to Van

Options
  • 02-11-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm looking at converting an estate car to a van.
    Need a van but most out there are short wheel base.
    Anyone know of what cost i'm lookin at ?
    Would I have any trouble insuring it ?
    Lookin at something like a 300td merc estate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

it would,nt be too dear to do you would have to remove all the glass in the rear and replace it with pollycarbonite its un breakable perspecs then remove the rear seats and put in a false floor this can be made out of wood as far as i know and you also have to remove the rear seatbelts and weld plate,s over all the mounting hole,s to keep the goverment happy. the windows is a bit tricky ass i only done a friends volvo estate resently but it turned out great thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DF1

I can see no problem putting perspex into the windows in the existing boot, just sit in existing rubbers. What about the door windows ?
    Is that polycarbonite black ?
    I see some golf vans appear to have the glass still in and something inside it blanking it off, what's this ?

Advertisement