Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera misting up and dampness

Options
  • 02-11-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I have an 05 4 door Almera saloon, I noticed some dampness around the inside of both rear doors.

Checking around the doors on the outside , I noticed a problem with the rubber window seals on each side. In the corner where the seals meet along the top of the window, the rubber seal falls short about 6mm.

This leaves a gap where I suspect rain is getting in and making its way around the door seals.

Has anyone seen this with almera's or any other cars ?

Another problem with is it is the rear window de-mister not working. I have found some breaks in the lines ,I will go about repairing and hopefully it will work again. ...Anyone have expericence with this job ?

I heard about a sealant I can get from motor factors for the window seals.

Thanks for any help,

Advertisement