Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a society worth joining....

Options
  • 02-11-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hey guys, im looking to join maybe one or two societys and i was kinda wondering what really goes on in them. i left it a bit late now but i'd still like to get myself into something rather than waste the year.

I like the idea of a few of them, but i wonder would it be even worth it? i mean i'd like to maybe join Photograpy and radio but what kind of stuff do you do?! are there ever trips orginised anything like that?! i mean i know that dosn't actually have anything to do with the group but going away for a weekend or nights out are always fun.

anyone got any suggestions on what i could join or if your in one let me know what its like i might try get involved anyway, and see what i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Depends on your interests. If your into computers, join Netsoc. If your into Gaming, join Games Soc. If your an outdoor person, Adventure Soc. Dont be afraid to go to any of the society meetings you hear about or the sign up desks for any of their events and ask what they're about.

If your into animation or western cartoons, feel free to join Animation too. There's a good few societies for just meeting up and hanging out and doing stuff. Alot of the Socs are also planning nights out and stuff too, so just ask any society members of anything your interested in and I'm sure you'll find a society thats good for you.

What're your interests anyway? I might be able to help. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'd join Adventure Soc if you like (or think you would like) kayaking/surfing/rock climbing/that kind of stuff. Pretty cool bunch of people and we're very welcoming. We go on a few trips a year for various activities.

Otherwise, get involved with a soc or group that is pretty active. I've been a member of Netsoc since 1st year and although it's grand if you have a problem with your computer they don't do much otherwise. If you make mates from a Soc it can make all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Teferi wrote: »
    I'd join Adventure Soc if you like (or think you would like) kayaking/surfing/rock climbing/that kind of stuff. Pretty cool bunch of people and we're very welcoming. We go on a few trips a year for various activities.

Otherwise, get involved with a soc or group that is pretty active. I've been a member of Netsoc since 1st year and although it's grand if you have a problem with your computer they don't do much otherwise. If you make mates from a Soc it can make all the difference.

YOU! Get on the forum and come drinking with us this week. I'll show you "don't do much otherwise" :P can ya tell I'm Public Relations Officer? haha

Advertisement