Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

carhire3000

Options
  • 02-11-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

I am renting a car on the 6th november in the UK, Looking at carhire3000.ie for a 3 day rental for a small car is E-80...

On the UK site, carhire3000.com the same details are quoting me £60....the euro and sterling are almost the same at the moment so why is the irish site charging e-20 odd more for the same car on the same day, same pickup drop location etc? Both are these sites are the same right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

They have VAT at 21.5%, UK rate is 15%, that accounts for some but not all of the difference but as both are for the same business and car is being picked up in UK I'd imagine UK VAT should apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    They have VAT at 21.5%, UK rate is 15%, that accounts for some but not all of the difference but as both are for the same business and car is being picked up in UK I'd imagine UK VAT should apply.

I should rent from the UK site so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

mondeo wrote: »
    I should rent from the UK site so?

Yes, only issue I could see is if it requires a UK postcode and won't accept an Irish credit card but normally car rental sites will take a card from anywhere.

Advertisement