Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY's meet TY's ?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anyone in TY interested in meeting other TY's around the country ?;)
    Our TY class is TINY...9 in total ...so were all best friends really :p
    We all love the idea to meet other TY's from around the country?..and meet up every so often...sound fun ?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 i55ed5

We'll meet up with ye :P

There's 54 of us :L

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 noprayerforme

ya id be up for it!! :D How u finding ty with 9ppl anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12 geansaibui

yeahh...all nine of us are pretty good friends...we were suppost to go to Delphi (an adventure type place)..but it would have been $200+ EACH for just one night becose theres soo little of us:eek: but..we went to one like 10miles away from us which worked out to be about 70$ each...it was klasss...met some buachailli along the way soo we were happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

So did many skip TY or is that the average year size?
    I'm not suprised your all best friends, theres about 85 of us so I have about three close friends in TY. (Dublin :) )

Not a bad idea (if your around here anytime :D)

Cian A wrote: »
    So did many skip TY or is that the average year size?
    I'm not suprised your all best friends, theres about 85 of us so I have about three close friends in TY. (Dublin :) )

Not a bad idea (if your around here anytime :D)

well...there was 40 in my year ..split into 2 20's...in 1st, 2nd, 3rd year
    soo yeahh 9 is exceptionatly small i guess ;)..its an all girls school too so...:/..its SOO annoying with the cut backs and all tho because we have to go in with the 5th years for french, english, P.E. and religion :(....
    cool cool :D how you finding TY anyway...surprisingly we didn't get accepted in the BT young scientist but were goin up for the craic anyway :p

• Advertisement

Wow thats a lot not doing TY. Nobody in my year skipped.(First year ever in my school)Its quite funny that you have to be put in with others to do some classes. It doesnt suprise me though really, anything like that isnt unheard of today but i guess for nine its not too incredible.

TY is boring IMO. U do notin in skool but i like not getin homework :)
    Some stuffs interesting like were doing sailing, self defence nd rock climbing. What r u getin up 2 in TY

Its an all boys school by the way.

yeahh..im finding TY boring now too...
    were doing orienteering every tuesday and will teach it to primary schools after we we know it..junior achievment programme thing every monday and we visit the nursing home once a month or so..we started the an gaisce award there recently enough ...work experience soon, were doing photography in art and entering a design a dress from garbage competition..were entering our science project for scifest in may..,march were performing our musical..(meowsical):L..were doing "cats":p
    we just did the operation christmas child..checking the boxes were appropriat etc..ohh and we get to write our own song in music, in business were doing our mini company..were doing rugby and dance for P.E..we'll be doing first aid and self defence along the year too :D...ohh and we'll hopefully be going abroad in easter:D..theres soo few of us tho it might not be possible..too expensive etc..:(..ohh well

rant over..:)

Wow, thats a lot more than were doing. Im doing gaisce but the school doesnt do it as a whole. Only like 15 doing it. I thiink its cool you all do the science project together, nobodies doing it from our year this year,im doing the science olympiad competition, all we do in schooltime is learn stuff from last year again hence me calling TY boring. Like in science we are doing sport science and business Businesses, when i'd much rather do something like young scientist or a mini-company. Some schools around here do community placement but not us. 4 days a week its normal boring school and im getting sick of it. I wish we could be doing all the things we cant do other years...anyways.

yeahh it seems like were doing alot but were not really........:o
    no we were all in groups for the science project and we were the only ones wo actually entered it..if i were you i'd deffinetly do the ECDL exams and The An gaisce...they look really good on your C.V...and ECDL is recognised worldwide :rolleyes: ...its fairly easy..
    yeahh we've noo ideas for a mini company that might actually make money..:mad:..thats not really fair!!...in our class all of us did honours maths last year and got A's/B's/C...so we're all trying a bit of honours for leaving cert..don't get me wrong its hard but at least were at an advantage for next year and were not just sitting there...:p
    Woahhh 85 in your TY!!:eek:..there's like 180 in my WHOLE school :D

Ye 85 may seem a lot but in my friends school theres 180 in each year although it is mixed. Were all doin ECDL as standard and yeh it is easy. Ive finished three exams this year . Word 97% Excel 97% and Access 94%.
    You should be getting good marks in your exams with only 20 in the class.
    But i would actually enjoy having 9 in my class. In maths were doin the really simple stuff for honours leavin. Like sequences & series and Permutations & combinations. How did you get on in your junior cert?
    For a mini company can you do something simple like make a calendar and get sponsorship, sell the calendars and with leftover money donate to charity.

• Advertisement

Are you jokin me!!!:eek: 180!! thats insane!!!
    we havnt done any exams in ECDL yet..you did really well tho:p
    i got 1A the rest B's..all hons...how did you do??
    cool i'll think about that idea...sounds like a plan :)

8as 2bs all honours (+ a very humiliating lower d in art)

Ye they hardly even knew every one else in the year until like 3rd or 4th year! 180 is huge but they got class facilities nd stuff because its an expensive school. Its not bad at all learning because theres 12 classes of 15 per year!

BTW i dont know about your school but i got near best marks in mine.
    If 1a and rest Bs is average thats very good marks, a lot of our school gets C's-D's kinda marks( average). Very few got more than 1 A nd that 1 A was probobly CSPE.

yeahh...average in our school is c's d's...
    lol my A wasn't even CSPE..it was irish :P
    woahhhhhhh you did totally klass...your like an absolute overachiever!!:D...a good thing by the way...you could do anything you wanted after school :rolleyes:

Irish is hard! Im intimidated by the leaving cert cuz im really lazy and never study. Im hoping i can repeat the same results but itll take work.

Im hoping to do something good after school.

Anyway r yous in dublin anytime soon :D ?

hmmmm......dublin=transport=money which we dont have:rolleyes:...well if we could go to the ploughin champs i dont see why not? hopefully soon enough though:cool:

I laugh at that...does everyone from the country like tractors nd such.

Wheres that on anyway?
    It would cost a good bit getin to dublin so if your here for any reason otherwise give us a shout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

In my school in Cork there's 82 of us doing TY. There was 135 doing the JC. Of my class of 28, 2 boys got 11 A's, 1 got 9, 1 got 7, 3 got 6, 5 got 5 and 7 got 4. Only 3 got no A's and I was one of them :o. Got my 9 B's though so not too bad. We should organise 1 big boards.ie TY meet up though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

geansaibui wrote: »
    Anyone in TY interested in meeting other TY's around the country ?;)
    Our TY class is TINY...9 in total ...so were all best friends really :p
    We all love the idea to meet other TY's from around the country?..and meet up every so often...sound fun ?:D

wow,we have like 50 and were split into 2 classes.

Anyone in south dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bradles!

If anybody's doing YSI, maybe somebody could organize a meet up at the showcase and the disco at the RDS?

Seems like a good place where us ty's from around the country could gather.:D

Ye sounds good
    All talk no action...
    Thats the way the world go's unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bradles!

Cian A wrote: »
    Ye sounds good
    All talk no action...

Sounds like my ex-wife....

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xstarz 2kaii9x

ye shud cum dwn to cork 4 awhile!! go sailing n da floods!!:)

but if ur gud at irish den go to dingle to da gaeltacht or sumtin!!:)

*I week only*

A lovely cruise down cork in exchange for the bottom floor of your house.

See us immigrants from dublin get a crusie for nothing lol.
    A lttle bit of flooding on the liffey meh. Better use your county!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

There's 90 tys in my year..all girls school!
    I hate it, it's not even a doss year you have so much work to do! We went to Delphi at the start of d year nd dat was really good. Girl schools are so bitchy anybody else think so???

Advertisement