Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pringles buy 1 get 1 free Tesco: Scam?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I saw yesterday pringles were buy 1 get 1 free in Tesco but they have upped the price from €1.85 to €2.50.

In my opinion its hardly buy 1 get 1 free then and I would not buy them for the priniple of it despite the good value.

The customer service desk actually told me they put up the price for Buy 1 get 1 free.

What do you think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

They should have just advertised it as two for €2.50 instead of putting up the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

As long as one store had them for €2.50 for the previous 28 days it's ligit! Buyer beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well, if you like the wasabi flavour, they have it in Dunnes for €1.24. You'll get two of those for €2.48. On the downside, they are evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Consumer Issues ftw per chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭CFC007

99p for the same deal over in the UK :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Not so long ago Tesco were selling Pringles for 95c a box. Didn'y think they could just hike the price when an offer comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimminy-boi

I saw yesterday pringles were buy 1 get 1 free in Tesco but they have upped the price from €1.85 to €2.50.

In my opinion its hardly buy 1 get 1 free then and I would not buy them for the priniple of it despite the good value.

The customer service desk actually told me they put up the price for Buy 1 get 1 free.

What do you think?

I bought two-for-one for €1.85 on Saturday night in the Tesco Express in Ringsend, no problems, no price hike.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

sceptre wrote: »
    Well, if you like the wasabi flavour, they have it in Dunnes for €1.24. You'll get two of those for €2.48. On the downside, they are evil.

There's wasabi pringles???

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I bought two-for-one for €1.85 on Saturday night in the Tesco Express in Ringsend, no problems, no price hike.

All pringles in the special offer are 2.49 online on tesco.ie, the only ones for 1.85 are the ones not in the 2 for 1 offer. Appears to be a price hike to me.

copacetic wrote: »
    All pringles in the special offer are 2.49 online on tesco.ie, the only ones for 1.85 are the ones not in the 2 for 1 offer. Appears to be a price hike to me.

Bizarre. Alls I knows is that when I bought them from that particular branch, they were 2 for €1.85 (Salt & Vinegar and 'Original' flavour). I know nothing about the online prices etc, just what I saw and bought.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Bizarre. Alls I knows is that when I bought them from that particular branch, they were 2 for €1.85 (Salt & Vinegar and 'Original' flavour). I know nothing about the online prices etc, just what I saw and bought.

I'd day they just didn't get around to hiking them there yet?

copacetic wrote: »
    I'd day they just didn't get around to hiking them there yet?

Possibly, but less likely if their strategy is to hike up the price in order to offset some of the loss in profit, as it would seem to be. Then again, I know nothing about Tescos and their product pricing procedures. Mmmm ppp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

Spotted this myself - not impressed but not surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

Tesco Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ta gamer brutha

So is it illegal or not?
    Probobly just morally wrong.
    Like Clare Bear said it should just be 2 for 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

After reading this http://ow.ly/ukGS highlighted in an earlier thread by Admiralofthefleet, I'd believe anything of Tesco's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

So is it illegal or not?
    Probobly just morally wrong.
    Like Clare Bear said it should just be 2 for 2.50.

It's not illegal. They could charge €20 for them if they wanted. They 28 day thing is only if they advertise something like was €2 now €1.50

Advertisement