Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf electric windows

Options
  • 02-11-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have an 04 Golf and suddenly the electric windows have a mind of their own. They refuse to stay open and keep closing and they will not stay down unless I hold the switch up. Anyone have any idea what is causing this ?( I seem to remember something about golfs having this problem ) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

The regulator needs to be replaced.It's a common problem on must VAG models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

I have an 04 Golf and suddenly the electric windows have a mind of their own. They refuse to stay open and keep closing and they will not stay down unless I hold the switch up. Anyone have any idea what is causing this ?( I seem to remember something about golfs having this problem ) Thanks

sounds like a regulator problem. I had the same thing with passat and cordoba. Not that expensive to fix but sooooooooo annoying as it wont just happen ya once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Before you head to your local mechanic/dealer, try this.

Press and hold down the button until the window descends to the bottom. Keep the button pressed for 10 more seconds. Pull up the button and hold it up as the window ascends and keep it that way for a further 10 seconds. This resets the travel positions on the motor.

If that doesn't work then you're back to square one but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

Thanks, will give it a go and see what happens.

Advertisement