Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arm bar recovery rate

Options
  • 02-11-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Alright lads, lost a fight a few months back to an arm bar, and since then I've been out of training. I tried a bit of weights last night and its still not 100%, I dont think there's any lasting damage just wondering if anyone has any tips out there to speed up the recovery...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

what did the physio say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

There's no mention of a physio there, did you get it checked out by a physician at all after it happened? That's the only way of being sure really, but it sounds like a ligament injury if its taking this long. Get on to a sports physio and they can guide you in the right direction, it would be the quickest way to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

Didnt actually go to the physio after it, it hurt that night but i assumed thats cause it was on good. Must go and get it checked out, I was thinkin it was a ligament issue, but wanted to check with others before and see how long it took them to recover first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm assuming dunkamania's post was a rather wry way of suggesting to the OP that perhaps he should seek qualified medical care, rather than anonymous "help" from th3 interwebz

Advertisement