Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recomend a car

Options
  • 02-11-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi folks im a taxi driver,and with the new 9 year rule fast aproaching i am tinking of changing my car,

Now i am driving a 2.2 jap camry auto only 1550 k on the clock,

havent really got a clue about cars or how they run so could someone make a few recomendations, really want an automatic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Whats the budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

To start off we're going to need a budget. And if you have a preference of petrol or diesel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

A Volvo S80 D5 would be a good buy.

Diesel Accord maybe, auto Rover 75 diesel is a fine bus too. I reckon you'd want to avoid any car with the dual mass flywheel problem if you are using it as a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

You'd hard to find a match the Camry great cars - Avensis and Primera would be other good options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd go with a Nissan Maxima automatic, really cheap for the car your getting, they depreciate heavily so ideal to pick up a used one and drive it into the ground. 2nd option would be a Toyota Camry 2.4 Petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

A Golf.

I was hit by a truck while travelling on a motorway at 70 mph. Stepped out unscathed.

Obviously, went for the same model again.

Strong as a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anouilh wrote: »
    A Golf.

I was hit by a truck while travelling on a motorway at 70 mph. Stepped out unscathed.

Obviously, went for the same model again.

Strong as a tank.

Many other cars have the same safety ratings as Golfs these days.

I have not seen any Golfs around as taxis anyway. If taxi drivers want a Golf they go for the Octavia instead as it is roomier and has a larger boot. It is also cheaper to buy. Either that or they go for the bigger Passat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Why not just buy another imported camry. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It'll be hard to find anything as maintainance free as your Camry.
    Especially in a diesel.

Advertisement