Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian or Portuguese people in Roscommon

Options
  • 02-11-2009 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

My wife and I are interested in learning to speak Portuguese. Are there any organised classes in the area, or does anyone know of someone who could give lessons???

Ideally, we are looking for evening classes. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look in the Languages forum. Hopefully you'll find something there.
    You should probably consider distance learning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Forgive me for resurrecting an old topic but:

Im currently exploring a topic for my MA thesis (im doing a masters in migration) and as im from Roscommon Town - but havent lived there in a number of years, the idea of studying the brazilian population in Roscommon struck me.

Anyways, I am just wondering - given I havent been in the town in quite a while, are most Brazilians now returned to Brazil. Are there many still living in Roscommon? You see, if there was still quite a number - even as much as 30 or 40, a thesis could still be a possibility.

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my query

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

There are definately at least 50 Brazilians left in Ros town, no doubt about that

Advertisement