Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlander - Vamp - Remix Competition!

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

This seminal Hardcore classic has already been remixed to death over the years,dunno why they want yet more remixes but it'll be interesting to see what people come up with anyway,i may even have a bash myself but id ensure the original isn't butchered and it would be breakbeats as well.:D

R & S Records is one of the most influential labels in the history of dance music
    http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/sample_packs/track/1666553.html
    Featured Track:
    RE-VAMP THE VAMP!! Possibly our biggest remix competition to date as we team up with the legendary R&S Records! This track is considered one of the most influential and ground-breaking records of the early 90's and shaped dance music as we know and love it today! A MUST ENTER FOR ALL PRODUCERS!!
    Track Information:

Techno and old skool lovers will know just how amazing an opportunity remixing this 1991 rave classic is. As one of the most important milestones in dance music evolution, these seminal hardcore pianos have been reverberating around raves for nearly 20 years and now it’s your chance to turn in a remix that will propel ‘Vamp’ into the future for generations to come!

So, what are you waiting for? ‘Three – two – one – zero!’

How to Enter

1. Purchase and download the remix pack (which includes the original mix) to get you started.
    2. Deadline for entries is Monday 7th December
    3. Send a link to your entry in 320k MP3 format to vamp@trackitdown.net

Rules

1. Competition is open to Trackitdown members only.
    2. All "Vamp" remix pack samples remain the property of R&S Records and use of these samples in other productions is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
    3. Any competition entry submitted will remain the property of R&S Records.
    4. The judge's decision is final!

Prizes

1. The winning remix will be released on the mighty R & S Records imprint.

2. The artist will receive £50 worth of sample packs courtesy of Trackitdown.

3. R&S are also offering a special 'In Order To Dance' 5 piece vinyl box-set worth £70 that includes all the early 90's classics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Looks pretty interesting alright, although the prize is quite meager. I've yet to hear a remix I prefer to the original though.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

think Martin Buttrich did a quality remix a few years back......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Should be interesting alright

here is a 2008 release - Outlander - Vamp (Prins Thomas Diskomix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq97DyW0DdE&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

fvcking hate this track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

brianc27 wrote: »
    fvcking hate this track

do you :eek: everyone to their own but ive never come across anyone who hated this track before ;)

• Advertisement

off the top of my head i can think of at least 7 or 8 people that i know hate it as much as me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

3. Any competition entry submitted will remain the property of R&S Records.
    Gotta love the music industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

this thing of paying to enter remix competitions is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Helix wrote: »
    this thing of paying to enter remix competitions is ridiculous

Aye, bloody terrible way to milk an extra bit of cash out of a tune before the remixes even go on sale...

Ashamed to admit it, but I don't think I've actually heard the original of this... Have a bootleg of it on vinyl somewhere (a horribly pressed 4 track job with TDV's remix of age of love on it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OV

jonny68 wrote: »
    do you :eek: everyone to their own but ive never come across anyone who hated this track before ;)
    Now you've come across two, I cannot stand it either. Horrific cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

OV wrote: »
    Now you've come across two, I cannot stand it either. Horrific cheese.

I Have to say im in shock as Jonny is that folks actually HATE this track:eek:
    for me this track was way ahead of its time! First released in 91.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i think its another case of not hearing it when it came out.it sounds pretty crap for people who are used to the polished sound of tracks today.
    i know alot of the music i used to listen to hasnt dated well and having never heard this one until now i can safely include this one as i dont see what the fuss is about.

just another way for a dead label to try and claw some cash with a new set of remixes imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OV

Yeah, so was this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL5xh-wt3Vc

seannash wrote: »
    i think its another case of not hearing it when it came out.it sounds pretty crap for people who are used to the polished sound of tracks today.
    i know alot of the music i used to listen to hasnt dated well and having never heard this one until now i can safely include this one as i dont see what the fuss is about.

just another way for a dead label to try and claw some cash with a new set of remixes imo

nah ive known about this track since the '90's, im just not into that old skool piano ravey sound, never have been

prefere something with a bit more balls

Advertisement