Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test + does window have to work??

Options
  • 02-11-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Howdy folks,

My GF has her driving test coming up soon. The drivers side electric window in our Passat doesn't work anymore, i.e locked in up position. I know the car has to be "roadworthy", but does the drivers side window have to work? As in the case of possibly having to wind down the window to demonstrate the hand signals? Her driving instructor didn't really know....

I figure there's no point ringing the RSA. Any one have any experience of this?
    Cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

HI

Where the drivers window will not wind down, or in wet weather, hand signals may be demonstrated in the vehicle. This also applies to vehicles with left-hand drive.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eava

HI

Where the drivers window will not wind down, or in wet weather, hand signals may be demonstrated in the vehicle. This also applies to vehicles with left-hand drive.

Regards

That's great, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Wet weather?? The bucko had me stick me hand out into a hurricane!!

Advertisement