Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to wire up an Eircom integrated filter socket-help?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain how I wire up an eircom integrated filter socket or point me in the direction of a good diagram etc. Got the socket from a man in a van but I am not with Eircom.

gbcullen

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭swoofer

Many thanks for very useful informAtion. I have an office where I asked for the main eircom socket to be fitted and then 5 extensions. I wanted the main socket for BB. I opened the eircom connecting unit(ECU) in office TODAY and it only has 2 wires into it a blue and a blue and white connected to 2 screw terminals labelled L1 and L2!! I had expected to find the extension wires off but there is none!! I checked socket in hallway and it has 2 wires as well. And same in kitchen. I cant take off covers on the other sockets, they have plastic caps on screws The setup I have is an EIRCOM ETU on gable end and then cables running up cavity to loft space. It looks as if the extensions have been taken from the NTU. I am right that if wired my way it daisy chains from each socket ie 2 in 2 out but as sockets have just 2 in and no out they are all starting from the NTU. It was done by an electrician. Although I thought eircom did the ECU bit.

I fitted the integrated filter on the office socket and ... it did increase speed , not a lot 3.42 now 3.52.

Would I get a better speed if I could connect direct to the main socket??

I know nothing how eircom works but electricain did say when I rang him today that main socket is in hallway but it only has 2 wires.

Anyway I can resolve this? or am I missing the link?

GB---

Advertisement