Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and Rapidshare Problems

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I noticed that a few old thread were closed so I thought i'd start a new one if that's ok with the mods.

Recently I can't download 4 or more links with Flashget, then I tried IDM, still the same.My net would just disconnect but I could still use Xbox live.

Anyone else having the same problems with Rapidshare and UPC??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

D24 here and im UPC 20meg

Yep i cant get a thing on rapidshare, no downloads and cant even connect to the homepage...

Hope its just a temp problem

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Also on 20mb ,,but it was dog slow all weekend ,,,was able to use Rapidshare at half the normal speed.#

Will be Pissed off if they block their IP address ,as I just setup my account for another year :mad:

Will test when I get Home ..!

Why pay UPC for 20MB line if you can't download ?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Yeah 20 meg for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

UPDATE:

I can connect again to rapidshare but its very slow.

With any luck they are just sorting out some issues and we will be back to normal soon.... fingers crossed

Misty

This is happening me for the last 2/3 weeks, how long was it bad for you Misty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭the_law

I was about to start an irate post here over the weekend as my 20 meg connection was topping out around 12-15 on rapidshare. However, this is because the maximum concurrent downloads under Rapidshare Manager is 5... now normally 5 would max out the connection easily.

However, I found that manually starting 7 or 8 concurrent downloads in Firefox maxed the 20Mbit line... so it is definitely not local congestion that is the problem, the issue could either be Rapidshare itself OR any number of links between Rapidshare and UPC *OR* UPC itself throttling individual downloads.

I also noticed that different Rapidshare routes were less congested: Level3 gave much better results than Telia, for example. (By the way, Telia used be the best on Smart, anyone else found this?)

the_law wrote: »
    *OR* UPC itself throttling individual downloads.

God this better not be the case.

I tried it again last night and it cut out half way through a download.This is so annoying.

Anyone else having problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just downloaded 2 files, got 17Mbps out of it.

The fact that you don't get dull speed all the time does not mean there's anything wrong with your connection, or the server you're downloading from. It is "up to" that you paid for, after all.

Does it really matter that it takes 7 minutes instead of 5?

• Advertisement

I lose connection though so I can't download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Have found Rapidshare to have gone really slow download wise over the last month but was on Eircom 3MB then so dunno if its a UPC only thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Got 10Mb Chorus installed yesterday & have had no problems with rs speeds.

Max speed I'm getting using IDM is 1.3MB/sec, although yesterday evening I saw this reduced to ~650kB/s for a while.

I download a few torrents last night and all is good with those so it must be Rapidshare.

Advertisement